An exciting opportunity has arisen to join SWPL 1 side Spartans as Team Physio.
For the 2020 SWPL Season (January onwards) we are seeking a Physiotherapist specifically for our SWPL Team. The SWPL Physio will be expected to deliver a high standard of assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of all SWPL players at Spartans Football Club.
How to apply and full job description can be found below.
Title: Physiotherapist (SWPL)
Reports to: SWPL Head Coach / Executive Committee
Job Purpose: To deliver a high standard of assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of all SWPL players at Spartans FC.
- To be responsible for the maintenance and storage of up to date medical records of all SWPL players.
- To provide Physiotherapy match day cover for all SWPL matches.
- To provide ‘on field’ first aid to injured players and aid in their removal and dispatch to appropriate facility.
- To provide evidence-based treatment and develop injury rehabilitation guidelines.
- To accompany players to medical consultations, possibly at short notice, ensuring the player receives optimal care and advice at all times.
- To educate players on responsible management of injuries and injury prevention strategies.
- To ensure all medical equipment and procedures are regularly reviewed and maintained at the training ground.
- To be involved in the counselling process of all SWPL players covering medical/health related matters.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties that may arise or be assigned by the Manager.
- Attend all Football Management Team Meetings.
In addition to the requisite skills in relation to the assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of players, the Spartans Physio will possess the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Highly developed interpersonal and people skills, to ensure establishment of successful partnerships internally and externally.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Availability for flexible working hours.
- Professional, reliable and flexible approach to work.
- Keen interest in rehabilitation, treatment of injuries & sport.
- The ability to encourage & motivate players with rehabilitation & injury prevention programmes.
- Adaptable and innovative.
- Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development.
- Willing to support and promote the Club and Football Philosophy.
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- HCPC Registration
- Valid first aid qualification
- Member of CSP
- Knowledge and experience of strength and conditioning requirements of the elite footballer.
- 4-6hrs p/w approximately, covering all SWPL matches (friendly & competitive).
- Physio clinic and home matches will be at The Spartans Community Football Academy, Edinburgh.
- The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and relevant expenses.
All aspects of the role are bound by professional confidentiality. You will conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times whilst representing the club. Membership of Disclosure Scotland PVG Scheme will be required.
How to apply: If you think that you meet the criteria and would like to apply please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Closing Date: Close of play – 29/11/19